Beyond our annual design initiatives we are now hosting mini Black Ignite events all year! Calling all creatives and speakers to speak on our rallying cry..
design is our weapon.
love is our language.
unity is our power.
Once we get 5 submissions in any of these categories below, we will contact you all to set a date and start promoting!
The Format / Talk expectations
- Each speaker gets 5 minutes to talk.
- Topics live under Black Ignite’s rallying cry: Design is our weapon. Love is our language. Unity is our power.
- Your talk must consist of 20 slides, and they must advance every 20 seconds. It’s like a TED talk—but at a faster pace. (Google “ignite talks”).
- Each mini event will include 5-10 ignite talks and total 60-90 minutes in length with 30 minutes at the end dedicated to discussion.
- You will be notified when we have enough talk submissions within a category.
- As a speaker you typically have 3-4 weeks to craft your talk.
- On the day of your event, you are responsible for presenting your own slides, we recommend Google Slides and will share tips.
- Each event will be recorded and made available in full on our YouTube channel afterward).
- Join our channel #blackdesigners_ignite on the WATBD Slack if you have questions or need tips!